Security Alarm Systems: Important for the Safety of Your Home
Security alarm systems can prevent burglary at your home and reduce the chances of intruders entering your house. Most of these systems work through a combination of contacts placed at the various windows and doors of your home, as well as motion sensors. These systems are very effective in sensing when a door or window is opened, while the motion sensors detect the movement of a person in and around the home.
Components of Security Alarm Systems
Security alarm systems comprise of several essential parts that play an important role in safeguarding your home and belongings. Let’s have a look at them:
1. Door and Window Contacts: These sound the alarm when a window or door is opened while the security system is activated.
2. Sensory Motion Detector: This detects changes in a room or area caused by the presence of an individual or individuals. Special type of motion detectors are used for homes that have pets.
3. Siren or alarm: This gets activated as soon as a contact or sensory motion detector sends a signal.
4. Control Panel: This houses the backup battery and is connected to the phone lines in case of a monitored security alarm system. This is the panel where all the system wiring ends.
5. Keypad: This is used for arming or de-arming the security system.
6. Central Monitoring Station: This is armed continuously and receives alarm messages sent by the security system installed in your home. The person manning the station will inform the house owner and if that is not possible, contact the police or the fire station. This feature is available on a monthly chargeable basis.
Some more features or parts can be added to a security alarm system, depending on your requirement. These include:
1. Smoke Detectors
2. Glass Break Detectors
3. Pressure mats for under rugs
4. Closed Circuit Cameras or TVs to allow monitoring in and outside the home
Security Alarm Systems: Cost Involved
The cost of the alarm system depends on your security requirements, the features included and whether you have opted for a monitored or non monitored system. The unmonitored system makes use of flashlights and sirens to inform the neighbors and police of a theft or burglary or an intruder entering a home. In such cases, you need to tell the neighbors about the installation. In case of monitored security alarm systems, on sensing an untoward movement, the system activates the alarm and the message reaches the central monitoring system. The monitoring agency tries to contact the home owner to check if it is a false alarm and if not, informs the police or other agencies.
So if you too wish to secure your home against burglaries and unwanted intruders, opt for a good quality security alarm systems from Homesalarm.com, a leading security company offering a wide range of home security alarms and other products at reasonable prices.