Surge Protection in Atlanta – What Is It All About?
Power surge or voltage fluctuation is not an uncommon happening. Your home receives power at a voltage of 120 volts and all your electronics are designed to work below this voltage. So, if there is a surge and the voltage crosses the 120 volt limit, the electric circuits in the electronic products such as television, computer and refrigerator are short circuited and the machine goes kaput.
In general, any appliance which works on a microprocessor is damaged due to voltage fluctuation. In order to prevent such undesirable happenings, surge protection in Atlanta is extremely essential. Most of the people do use some kind of protection in their homes, usually in the form of a spike or a surge protector device. These instruments have become synonymous with the multi-plug points which are used for computers. Actually, surge protection is much more than that.
What are the options that you have in surge protection?
When you hire a professional service for surge protection Atlanta of your home in Atlanta, there is one basic question which the electrician asks you – what is the level of protection are you looking for? Essentially, you can secure your electrical appliances in two ways. Firstly, protect individual appliances by providing surge protection instruments at their point of connection. Secondly, provide a surge protection at the home power meter or the power entry point so that the power is stabilized before it enters your home. In order to make the right choice, you need to understand about each of these choices.
Protection for the whole home
* Power surge is often caused due to lightning and in such cases, the entire home is affected. Protecting the whole house can save all of your appliances
* When you secure your whole home, insurance for your electronics comes down significantly
* If you plan to sell your home or rent it, full house protection gives you better benefits.
* You can avoid having to call electricians every time there is a surge and one of your equipment breaks down
Individual point protection
* Protection provided by spikes and power surge protectors for individual power outlets is moderate. You do not get full fully secure protection
* Almost all modern electrical equipments work on microprocessors and the risk of damage is high. So, providing individual protection for all equipments is a hassle.
A lot of people tend to forget that a temporary power system such as a UPS or an inverter does not provide power surge protection. If you run a home office, you need a strong backup in the form of a surge protector, which is meant especially for your office systems. In such cases, individual protection is not an option – it is a necessity.
As a home owner, you can choose the level of protection you require for your house. But for more reasons than one, whole home protection is very beneficial.
Mister Sparky is a company which provides comprehensive electrical services, including surge protection in Atlanta. The company provides installation, repair and maintenance services.